In 1959, Dr Rajendra Prasad, India’s first President, facilitated the launch of a Gramya Makhanshala in Baurani. In 1972, under Operation Flood a dairy plant with a per day capacity of 1.0 lakh litre was established in Baurani.
Founded in 1977, the Patliputra Milk Union came to be registered as the Vaishali-Patliputra Milk Union from the year 1988. Since inception, the collective has set and achieved astounding horizons for Bihar’s milk and dairy industry.
In 1983, a cooling facility with per day capacity of 20000 litre was established in Tajpur by COMFED. It was under the management that subsequent dairy operations were launched in and around the region. In 1987, the Mithila milk union was formed with its headquarters at Samastipur.
Headquartered in Muzaffarpur, the Tirhut Milk union was registered in 1989. A dairy plant of 25000 litres per day capacity was established at Muzaffarpur with the help of Freedom From Hunger Campaign, U.K. Its management was handed over to Comfed in 1984.
Prior to 1997, this region was being developed by the Vaishali-Patliputra Milk Union. A cooling facility with per day capacity of 10000 litre was set up at Shahabad then.
In 1994, the State Government set up a diary with a per day capacity of 25000 litre in Bhagalpur under COMFED’s management
In year 1961, Dr Rajendra Prasad, India’s first President, initiated the launch of a diary facility in Gaya, with a per day capacity of 6000 litres.
Kosi Milk union was established in 2014 to uplift the socio-economic status of cattle farmers belonging to Kosi Pramandal like Saharasa, Supaul